[HoE] Re: Servitor Weakness

Hi List,

>I like Jeff's idea, but as I'm an obscure jerk, I'd go a step further.

I'd say he somehow cheated Death/returned from the dead through black
magic prior to the war, maybe some sort of spiritual vampire, or
what-have-you. He was assumed dead at tht time, though, and a funeral,
etc. was held.

Anyway, his weakness is the "light of Truth" as Jeff suggests, but to
use it, the posse must find out who he was and read his original
obituary from an old newspaper out at the time of his death. That makes
them take a _very_ non-standard approach to defeating him and gives
everyone a chance to use non-combat skills in digging up clues and such
(like a Junker having to fabricate a microfiche reader just to find a
copy of the obituary).

Reading the obituary takes x number of actions--during which time he
isn't going to stand still. Stunning of course interrupts the reading
and each wound level modifier the reader sustains adds an action to the
number needed to complete the reading. The rest of the posse can stay
occupied keeping the Servitor off the reader and/or fighting whatever
minions he has.

It's going to take a lot of work on your part to drop enough of the
right clues to make this work though.

Just my thoughts,

John

I like that idea, the adventure takes place between the Weird and Wasted
West as per Mr Brian Leybourne's Timeslip adventure from the WW List.

The Wasters find an old PC in an abandoned Libary, so the Obituary could
well be on there, things are coming together?

Thanks guys

Max