Re: [HoE] Black Hat Boobie Trap Question

> First off, am I correct in assuming Hellstromme Industries weapons
> (similar or identical to what the Black Hats use) were in fact produced
> and used before and during the war?

They were produced before the war, but the first production run of the
HI weapons had not yet been distributed. Throckmorton found them still
crated when he got to Hellstromme's factories in Denver and had them
modified after implanting his troops with Headbanger chips.

> If this
> assumption is correct, let's say for the sake of argument that a player
> has such a weapon...a HI Damnation of prewar manufacture. After a
> firefight with some Black Hats, the player wants to pillage the clips
> from the dead Black Hat weapons.
> Does ejecting a clip from a Combine
> > weapon constitute "use" and therefore trigger the booby trap (which I
> > assume would be in the gun, not the clip)

Yep. Ejecting the magazine is activating one of the gun's functions. You
have to press the magazine release somwhere on the gun.

>  Would unused clips on the deceased Black Hats
> > persons be salvagable?

Salvageable, yes. Usable, no. Throckmorton had the weapons modified
[IIRC] after his troops had headbangers implanted. The cover on the
magazines of HI weapons is there to keep people from getting his
ammo/gear. The covers/booby traps weren't present before the war, so
pre-war weapons would not be equipped to remove the seal from a Black
Hat HI magazine [see the adventure "Apocalypse Now!"]

MGK
--
"If hate were people, I'd be China!"