Re: [HoE] Bringing HTH to a Gunfight (was Templar Gift - Impressions?)

In a message dated Wed, 3 May 2000  5:51:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Steve Crow" <crow_steve@hotmail.com> writes:

>>Most media and theatrical portrayals of combat usually give a HTH fighter
and a person with a gun, IN HTH COMBAT (not closing to HTH, not 50' away,
but actually _in_ HTH range) roughly even chances when they are equally
skilled and all.  In fact, I'd almost say that the HTH person has a slight
advantage.>>

I think the current system does give them equal chances. If your character has a gun and mine has a sword, our TNs to hit are both 5.

Whoever hits the firstest with the mostest is likely to win...

Wow--I really should concede that we'll just agree to disagree and get back to writing Hexarcana. ;-)

John