Re: [HOE] Sykers and healing [Hopler]

without supernatural healing in the real world, people who routinely get into
running gun battles DO spend all of their time healing :) and just normally
recovering from a mauled limb without expert attention doesn't typically happen
very often..

as far as i understand wound TNs and wound penalties: the reason they are
seperate is because the TN represents the actual difficulty of healing the
wound, and the penalty reflects the own pain and anguish you are having to deal
with in the meantime. if you are trying to heal somebody's maimed arm and you
are at full health, you get an 11 TN with no penalty. if you are trying to heal
somebody's light wound and you are maimed (well, not that it'd happen very
often..) you'd get a 3 TN with a -5 penalty. as far as i can tell, when trying
to heal yourself of a maimed wound, both would apply: the 11 TN because the
wound is so severe, and the -5 penalty because you are in a lot of friggin'
pain. and that'd certainly make it hard for a syker to concentrate on fleshknit
for an hour or two while he's bleeding profusely :)

Grant V