Re: [HOE] Campaign Lethality WAS: Strain-based Martial Artists

--- Machine-gun Kelly <mgkelly@axom.com> wrote:
> >   He couldn't understand why people
> > didn't want to play anymore.  If characters keep dying then
> there nothing to
> > look forward to.
>
> Personally, since they are supposed to be Heroes, I try to give
> the
> characters a heroic death, like their last action being to take
> out the
> Big Bad Guy and save everyone and such.

Yeah. One of my players asked me about two days before I left on
vacation about one of the heroes dying. He gave this great story
about being surrounded by Throckmorton and the other three heroes
escaping, only to see Throckmorton, in person, give the O.K. to a
servitor to rip the remaining hero's soul out through his nose.

Bless'ed or not, he's getting it in a few sessions. Just not as
described.

> > 1) Hes a really idiot and does it to him self aka "Sure I'm
> psyker with 2
> > points of strain left, I can take 6 Automatons"
> >

> But, if a player is foolish enough to be convinced that he can
> take on a
> Force 10 Air Elemental with a pair of cyberspurs [because he
> was a moron
> with all the subtlety of a nuclear explosion], let them die.
>
> If the subtlety of a nuclear explosion is in character, that's
> different.

What if it's both?

=====
Michael Shindler, ICQ #13820058
Daidoji Arichi, Scorpion Clan Bodyguard
"The more you question my loyalty, the less you deserve it" - Bayushi Yojiro
L5R CW v0.99 SC++ S+ G+ A++ Y++ D- H- SH- T+ FP+ AN+ Fq C PN+ ?GW I U++ N+ RPG CCG