Re: [HOE] Urban Renewal cover [Shane, Hopler, et al]

| so if they put a set of horns on her head or a tail or gave her an animal
| head her nudity would be fine?? that just seems riduculous. the
"creature"
| on RV&C is still obviously male and an objectification of male physique.
No
| one complains because the male body is acceptable while the female form
is
| not? i personally think in fantasy (yes that does include horror,
westerns
| and comic books) the human form both female and male is naturally going
| be emphasied and or enhanced- it is what is expected of "heroes".

Sure.  I don't have a problem with the cover of Law Dogs, for example.
OTOH, Urban Renewal is just gratuitous.

Re: The cover of RVC.  There's an implied asexuality about the creature on
the cover of that book.  Sure, it *could* be male.  In fact, it is probably
without a doubt male.  But the point is, one doesn't pick up the book and
exclaim, "Holy cr@p, there's a nekkid guy on my book!"  The intent of the
art is to creep someone out, not to titillate.

Lemme put it this way: I'll tend to have a lot more respect for someone who
has a piece of sculpture that happens to depict a nude man or woman, than I
will for someone who has a piece of sculpture depicting an enormous
phallus.  It's all a matter of context and intent.

B. D. Flory

"There are four types of homicide: felonious, culpable, justifiable, and
praiseworthy."
                                                   -Oscar Wilde