Re: [HOE] armour trick?

>can anyone remember the way to take armour off  of a damage roll without
>the
>players knowing the target is armoured.

Don't know if there's any "official" way.  However, John Hopler once
recommended to me that you just do the calculation by taking the average
value of the reduction from one die to the next, and multiply by the # of
die.

For instance, if you've got AV1 you're going from 4d12 to 4d10, the average
goes from 6.5 to 5.5.  Multiply by 4 (the # of die) and that means that you
should subtract four points.  Which, in fact, is about the average
protection AV1 is going to give you.

Going from 6d10 to 6d6 would be [(5.5 - 3.5 = 2) * 6 = ] 12 points of
damage.

Going from 3d20 to 3d10 would be [(10.5 - 5.5 = 5) * 3 = ] 15 points of
damage.  And so on.

If you're getting down to a point where you're just rolling d4s, and
subtracting from # of die rather then type of die, I'd just reroll the 4s in
secret.

Hope that helps.

>DEADLANDER
>                   THE ONLY LAW IS MY LAW.
>                   AND I FIND YOU GUILTY AS CHARGED!!

>	unsubscribe hoe

---

Steve Crow

"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

Check out my website at:  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/