Re: [HOE] simple question reguarding load

Ashley Smith wrote:

> >Hi all, I've looked unsuccessfully to find out how many pounds Equals a
> >load point.  One junker in my group recently acquired a lot of parts
> >weighing over 500 lb., and I'm trying to figure out how much it slows
> >down the pickup.
>
> Good luck.  We have yet to locate this particular tidbit of info and we've
> been playing the game over a year now.  According to Road Warriors, adding
> chickenwire covers to your car's windows costs a load point; however, other
> (obviously heavier and bulkier) items cost one load point as well.  Sorry,
> no examples, since I don't have the book with me.
>
> I suspect my Marshall will be weighing in on this one; it's one of his pet
> peeves.

	Well its not really that big a pet peeve but it has created a few problems. :)
Without getting into what may launch a giant treatise on the incompatabilities
of Junkman Cometh and Roadwarrior, I have to say the Load system is pretty
useless when dealing with anything not listed in the book. The wide range of the
Load points' arbitrary numbers make it nearly impossible to estimate what a new
item may have. 500 pounds of stuff should have an effect on the truck but I
don't think the rules are going to give you the answer unfortunately.
	In my game I eventually settled on 50 pounds per load point. Yes this does
breakdown in all sorts of places but it's at least a real world number to work
with.
--
David Heth
"Sniper rifles have been known to cause Spontaneous Brain Rejection(SBR) at