Re: [HOE] Re: [DL] Quality of Downloaded books (SHANE&PEG Folk)

Lo and Behold!!!,

     I see the tell tale signs of Intershop at work.....  Good software for
a store?  Yes.  User friendly?  At times.  Problems with initial start up?
Are there conundrums in the bible?  :)  I used this same software for an
e-store my last company was trying to launch, and it was just all kinds of
new, well....., hell on earth.  :)  I imagine in time, they well get the
bugs out.  I might suggest, if you are using Intershop, to actually generate
a personal customer database for each customer.  It takes very little time
or effort to manage, in fact none at all, once it's started; yet, will
provide you with a customer history, and purchase records allowing you to
better serve their needs and problems, as well as almost completely insuring
your customers security.  This is just a suggestion.  But after looking at
the new store and having worked with a very similar site.  I would strongly
suggest against anyway purchasing or downloading from your site.  I didn't
even get a secure connection when I entered the credit card entry portion,
and that tells me to never purchase from this site.  Nor did I recieve a
secure connection, while entering my home address and phone number.  Also,
while changing from page to page at your store, you are granting easier
access to more nefarious internet users, as your page changing, includes
your current IP in the address bar.  This allows certain users to easily
access your server, whether or not you have good firewalls active at times.
I strongly suggest, as a veteran in this department shutting down your
store, for the period it would take to make your business both more secure
for you, as well as your customers.

                                 Thank you,
                                 Jason "The Long of Breath" Adkins