[HOE] Re: Doomsayers

> > Now, whether the Glow is sentient or not, that is a different thing that
> > doesn't necessarily impact the character you are trying to create.  I
don't
> > recall anything in the books that makes a definite unmistakeable
statement
> > one way or the other.  The Purple and the Green believe mutants are
better,
> > and they believe norms will fade away, and they believe that the Glow is
the
> > source of all the great mutations, and are willing to fight to make
their
> > points, but there isn't any "I talked to the Glow this morning and it
told
> > me I'm a good Rad Priest" kinda stuff.
>
> --Snip---
>
> Another spice to add to the mix is the sticky subject (for Doomsayers) of
> Rad Shamans. They can manipulate the Glow, and sometimes better than
> Doomsayers, without any mutation or faith or anything. Worse, radiation is
> just one aspect of a larger sum (rad, trash, smog, sludge) to them! Worse
> still, Rad Shamans can actually make themselves immune to all of the
> Glow's effects, including doomie miracles! Chew on that for awhile :)
>
>  Theo McGuckin
> "Putting the Mentor back in Tormentor"

I guess the answer is "The Glow is what the Marshall makes it". The reason
I'm going on about this is because I see the possibility that the nature of
the Glow may become something dealt with officially in the future. Reading
Children o' the Atom, Silas is moving the focus of the Cult from Megan
Whatever as the most important Saint to Dr Hellstromme. If and when the good
doctor returns, and if and when he denounces Silas, there will be fallout,
and as a consequence, we might find out domr more about the source of Doomie
powers.

Anyone else see similar developments in the Wasted West? On a related
point - where do you see the setting going, with the whole Silas/
Throckmorton/ Raven/ Reckoners/ Stone stories waiting to be told?

David

P.S.    Just reread my post - I honestly didn't use the word "fallout"
deliberately! Guess I'm only funny when I'm not trying to be. : )