Re: [HOE] Doomsayers (NO! Not again!)

Wow! I got him so riled he couldn't even use punctuation! ;)

> I would like to point out first that MIRV is a munchkin power second every
> charcater class has there own special abilities once there is no strain left
> in a doomsayer they are useless (i know i play one, oh and yes i know buy
> other skills) they dont get the benefits of sykers oh the power didnt affect
> the critter so i didnt lose the strain. Cyborgs built the munchkin way are
> very powerfull if people start moaning about different character classes the
> best suggestion is not to roleplay full stop, sorry to sound so harsh but it
> really annoys me when people moan that this character class is to hard blah
> blah blah its meant to be a fun game. If you had a harrowed in the group
> would you be moaning about him instead its down to the GM to run the game if
> they think they have a problem with a certain character class then THEY
> should deel with it as thats what they do trust me you will be glad there is
> a doomsayer in your group when a doombringer turns up and remember its not
> how big your powers are its whoever is smart enough when they go first in the
> round player or marshall.

I agree that any char. type can be munchkined if the player really wants
to. But I also think that Doomsayers have more room for munchkinism than
others (you can play a non-cheesy doomsayer, but it's easier to make a
cheesy doomsayer than say, a cheesy templar. IMHO)

The strain issue becomes less important when the player takes "Extra
Strain" at 5 (giving him 17 strain) and Rad-Baby (or whatever the power is
that lets him regenerate strain at twice the normal rate). Don't even get
started on that "hinderance" that lets you spend 1/2 wind and 1/2 strain
on powers. That, much like this topic, has been re-hashed to death.

I have no problem with harrowed what-so-ever. I had one in the Deadlands
campaign I was running and they aren't that bad (basically they're just
really thick-skinned). 5 wound levels kills a harrowed just as easily as a
norm. Now a Doomsayer with Molecular Cohesion...

You say the games supposed to be fun, well how fun is the game when the
Doomie hogs all the action in combat and then holds the rest of the party
back when dealing with NPCs because he doesn't have the social skills to
talk to a stump. Plus the Marshal has to spend so much time coming up with
situations balanced to challenge the doomie, but not kill everyone else.

Oh, and a syker's Arson or Brain Blast can miss just as easily as a MIRV.

> I dont like the lets gang up on a certain class as its a problem in one group
> not so long ago it was the cyborg problem then before that the harrowed, well
> i play a harrowed doomsayer not through choice but i think that my marshall
> would agree that i am just a pawn and many a time i have been shut up by
> other members (ingame) we work as a group not as individuals see what the
> doomsayer has to say about that.......

I'm not ganging up on doomsayers (or anyone in particular). The Marshal
and I have discussed, at length, the situation and come up with several
tactics to fight the doomsayer (all the MIRV damage in the world ain't
going to help you if your target dodges). But we come back to the problem
of devoting a lot of time and resources to challenging one character in a
posse of five.

Theo McGuckin - SysAdmin, JLab

	"Why should I care that YOUR computer is broken?!?"