[HOE] Clarification on shielding...

All this talk about Doomsayers brought up something I'm wondering about.

In the accumulated rulings, I think John Hopler answered a question on the
nature of certain kinds of Doomsayer magic.  The question was "Does normal
armor block things like Atomic Blasts, Nukes, etc.?", and the answer was
yes, unless the miracle specifically says it bypasses armor.

MY question is, then, does an energy-hardened shield, either junker-built or
cyborg, protect one from these same miracles/effects, or does the shield
have to be spiritually hardened as well?  I'm leaning towards saying that
yes, energy shields will protect against those things, but I just want to be
sure before I start assuming too much.

--Kai Tave