Re: [HOE] HtH damage [Shane]

> Worse is you get a Templar with 4d12 to start with, take the super soldier
> edge, and the power that adds to their str rolls (or is it just damage,
> no books) and Harrow them with supernatural Strength. He gets real ugly,
> real fast... if you add up the strength dice, every blow is a killing
> blow.

Hey, if someone's that obsessed they've earned the right to do that much
damage. And they've earned the right to run into people with all those
things too. EVERY session ;)

> If I have a stat (lets say Strength) of 4d12 + 4
> and I roll 2, 5, 6, and 12. I re-roll the ace and get
> a 10. What is the end result of my roll?
> Is it 26, or 30.
> I'm currently going with 30, since IMHO the re-rolled dice type is 12+4,
> and so the +4 gets added a second time.

The +4 is a one time bonus. So it would be 26. I don't have my book, but
somewhere is says that the bonus is added once, not for every die. It
seems logical that this would apply to raise dice too.

> My players are just lucky I didn't realise this until after
> they'd had all the mucking about with Stone done...

Well I've always been of that mind that as long as you apply to rule to
both the good guys and bad guys equally the rule is always fair. Unless of
course there are a lot more bad guys with Yd12+X stats than good guys...

Theo McGuckin - SysAdmin, JLab

	"Apathy! Apathy! That's our cry! A-P-A-T... oh never mind,
	 it doesn't matter anyway..."