Re: [HOE] HtH damage [Shane?!?]

> > Huh? As far as I know you can only spend chips to PREVENT wind loss, not
> > regain. Like wounds, you can use the chips to prevent them, but once their
> > applied you can't use chips to spontaneously heal. Could you quote a page
> > reference?
>
> Rulebook, p. 109, right-hand column, Savin' Your Skin, 3rd paragraph.

I'll throw in my two cents and agree with others:

Well the way I read it when the book says negate they mean at the moment
you take it. I.e.:
Marshal: "Okay you take a serious to the head."
Player: "I can't take that, make it a light (tossing a red chip into the
pot)"
<roll> +3. That's 21 wind."
Player: "Criminie! That'll take me down. <sigh, tossing a blue chip> I'll
negate 15 of the wind."
Marshal: "Okay you take 6 wind then. You would have been better off just
spending the blue to negate all the wounds."
Player: "Shut the f... [REMAINDER OF MESSAGE SENSORED]"

We could probably debate for the next year over "what they meant", but I
don't see any reason that wind would work differently than wounds...

Shane?

Theo McGuckin - SysAdmin, JLab

	Reason #173 to fear technology...

           o      o     o    o     o    <o     <o>    o>    o

	Mr. Asciihead learns the Macarena."