Re: [HOE] Quick Commo question... [Allan/Shane]

Not TOTALLY.

The way I'm using it, if you build a sensor like a pair of night-vision
goggles, something that requires the user to spot things on his or her own
rather than using any kind of sensor rating, you don't need Commo; all the
sensor is is a fancy kind of lens.  So things like magnification scopes, or
hearing amplification gear, or low-light goggles all just need Sensor.

Things like motion sensors or radar sets, things that a normal human can't
really use his own Cognition to understand, THOSE need Sensor AND Commo.
The trade-off is that you're using two powers for one device, but the Sensor
usually ends up being a powerful one; radar, ghost scanners, ultrasound
goggles, electromagnetic scanners, etc.

Also, you can always use the powers individualy in different devices.

That's my take.

--Kai Tave