[HOE] The Librarian's Almanac for March 5th

THIEF RIVER FALLS, MINNESOTA- The Follower of the Glow
called Sister Athena is calling for aid for unusual
inhabitants of Thief River Falls. High in the wilds of
Minnesota, the small village of Thief River Falls had
hosted a small group of Sykers looking to make a
sanctuary to hone their abilities away from suspicion
and hatred. The other townies took them in and
relations have been peaceful for many months. Last
week several of the mentalists took ill with a bizarre
affliction resembling Parkinson’s disease.
Unfortunately the sickness has escalated into
something worse. Along with near-total ruin of the
nervous system, the Sykers have become unable to block
out the thought processes of those near-by. Sister
Athena feels that the victims are being driven mad by
the overlaid feelings, emotions, and personalities of
the other residents. They are looking for medical
personnel, and anyone with any knowledge of Syker
Phenomena. To make matters even worse, there are three
veterans of the Banshee campaign that have gone
missing.

NEAR BEAUMONT, TEXAS- Lawrence Masters, a scout and
caravan guard for the Brownsville Trader’s Guild, is
reporting strange occurrences along the Texas coast.
Masters was hauling an empty truck back to the
Brownsville Refuge when he came under attack by small
flying creatures on the roads between the Houston
Ghost Storms and the ruins of Galveston. What he
thought were rabid bats and owls are apparently
incredibly sophisticated robots with a realistic outer
skin. The scout also reports heavy damage to the
truck. There is thought that these animatronic
creatures may be the reason behind several missing
caravans in the area.

PACIFIC OCEAN THREE HOURS WEST BY SOUTHWEST OF LOST
ANGELS- I have gotten my palmcorder's transmitter up
and functioning, I hope to have reports on a regular
basis from now on. We have been tracking a pod of
unusual Whales for two days now. The catamaran is
functioning normally. Some of the Whales have been
shadowing us but there has been no incidents. I hope
to have Greg make some sort of underwater microphone
but he's busy with the rudder at the moment (some sort
of boring aquatic parasite has been at them). Dr.
Jackson's solar sails have run well enough for the
past two days, he wants to start selling them in
Lynchburg when we make landfall. The only negative
report is the mildly acidic fog bank we found this
morning. There are a number of crewmen, myself
included, that have persistent burns but the
discomfort is tolerable. The bank appears to be
drifting west, some of the coastal communities should
be notified. END REPORT

Submitted by Brother Dominic, Well-travelled
Journeyman Librarian