Re: [HOE] HoE read (OT)

<snippy snippy>
The thing I dislike most about Garth's
>Punisher (and I do read it and love it whenever I can) is that Frank Castle
>was
>always a hard, brutal man, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job
>done,
>but I don't recall him going out of his way to be actively sadistic. When
>Frank
>dumps the guy in the piranha tank *instead* of knocking him down and taking
>his
>gun, even though he's unarmed and knows there's more mobsters after
>him...it's
>impractical. It's out of character for the Punisher to compromise the
>mission
>just to make some random baddie suffer, and that bugs me.
>
>Okay, I'm done ranting now. Must go sleepy time.

I agree with that. Though the Punisher has always been my favorite, his new
personality traits are...a little too much. I think they may chalk that up
to the fact "he died, came back, blah blah blah." I guess the shock value of
a lot of the stuff is amusing enough, but sometimes its TOO much (issue 11,
anyone? the Russian?). Still, Frank is hard to beat.

JP