Re: [HOE] MPH/pace Questions v. hsrunner

This doesn't strike me as entirely odd:

1) They're heroes. They're supposed to be fast.

2) We have a track team at my high school, which I avoid (dangling participle
here on purpose). One guy on the track team ran a mile in 5 minutes (or so is
his claim, I didn't see it). Assuming he's telling the truth - he hasn't lied
to me yet, and I've known him for 4 years - that's an average velocity of 12
MPH (1 mile / 5 minutes) x (60 minutes / hour) = (12 miles/hour). Heroes are
supposed to be faster than the generic high school track runner, aren't they?