Re: [HOE] Staggering powers WAS: Mundane Background

>I look forward to Weird Wars but
>after reading about the work and stress trying to cram a great setting into the
>D20 system I can only hope the conversion isn't too hard to Deadlands because as
>much as I like 3rd D&D I can't stand the D20 system. I know that semms
>contradictory but one is a specific game setting and the other is a painful
>Generic rules set.

I've got to agree with you. D20 does one thing well--Dungeons & Dragons--and D&D
does one thing well--hack'n'slash fantasy adventure. I don't think I like much
the way it's applied to other settings. (Although a bunch of friends say the new
Star Wars game is very nice. Of course hack'n'slash and space opera aren't
really that different at the core.)

--Robert Holland