Re: [HOE] grenade question

> Do y'all remember the "nail/flechette" grenade from the kitchen scene
> in the Swartzenegger movie "Eraser"?  What exactly is that thing?  Is
> this a real explosive device or a Hollyweird bit of make believe?
> Any info you could give me on it would be appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance.

Well it doesn't look complex enough that it couldn't exist (if it doesn't
already). It has:
A delayed fuse: all grenades have it, this one seems longer than others
A weight: simple enough, think Weeble-Wobble(tm) on steroids
A primary charge that: 	a. fires the top of the grenade, into the air
			   because of the weight
			b. starts the secondary fuse
A secondary fuse: this one's really short, long enough to get in the air.
A secondary charge: this is surrounded by the nails and blows them outward

The grenade was pretty big, so none of this seems unreasonable to fit in
the package.

For Hell on Earth:
You could probably treat it like a normal grenade, but with the effects of
"frangible". I.e. +2 damage per die, but armor totally stops it (the nails
didn't even go all the way into the plaster walls).

Theo McGuckin - SysAdmin, JLab

   	Reason #173 to fear technology...

           o      o     o    o     o    <o     <o>    o>    o

	Mr. Asciihead learns the Macarena."