Re: [HOE] guts check and gun

>Remember,
>     Unless your character is from some sort of utopian outpost in the
>middle
>of nowhere, they have had guns pointed at them multiple times in their
>lives.
>  HoE characters are not from suburbia, they are born and bred in a savage
>and
>brutal world, and I doubt that any would have as extreme a reaction to a
>gun
>pointed at them as we would.
>     I remember the stories that old soldiers tell about being shelled by
>artilary.  Many reached a point where they would hear the incoming shell
>and
>not take cover.

Old Stupid Soldiers.  If anything being shot at or actually being shot would
make some one more likely to take cover.  It not like Someone thinks to
himself "I've been shot before and didn't die so I'll just stand in front of
a SMG".  Absolutely not.  More Likly the person is thinking "Gee, Last time
I was shot it really hurt alot and I almost died, This time I'll take
cover".

I'm not implying that you should have characters make a guts check everytime
there shot at, but I think you should limit chips to players who don't take
logical steps to stay out of danger.

Dan

"Wherever and Whenever we appear we leave only destruction in our wake; we
are the Lords of Death, Bringers of War, the Dark Angels."