Re: [HOE] More Unity opinions (some new ideas) - Long (Some for Shane)

Hank Woolsey wrote:

> <snip>
> Now some spoiler space, as most of what follows is.
>
> (Spoilers, that is.)

> <snip>
> The box. I know my players. I have no idea how they
> will react to Hellstromme. None at all. Anything could
> happen. I do know that they will be very disappointed
> at being handed the solution to the Wasted West's
> biggest problem. Not playing an active part in the
> capture of the Reckoners will make them feel like
> sideline players. Not a good thing in any campaign. I
> don't know a good way to solve this.
> <Snip>

Kai tave posted a similar concern and I had the following solution, see
if you like it:

Thanks Kai Tave, you just got my brain pumping. I'm going to flesh this
idea out
more later but here are the basic rewrites. (Forgive poor wording and
the
sketchiness, it's late)
Right at the part where death would be sucked into the box, Hellstrome's
ship
flies overhead as usual, but Death turns his bony finger on the ship and
knocks
it out of the sky.
The race to Hellstrome's ship occurs as usual, but now hellstrome hands
them an
empty box and says "This box has the power to contain the Reckoners, if
only for
a short while and it's your job to capture them and get them to Banshee.
The box
requires a willing blood sacrifice to be spilt on it to activate it, and
will
use a piece of your very soul to contain them."
Now the Heroes have the box, have to hunt the Reckoners and have to make
the
sacrifice to save the world. What's the sacrifice? Bleed on the box? No,
bleed
on the box, beat the Reckoners in an opposed spirit roll and suffer a
permanent
die type reduction in spirit. Now only three Reckoners left and time to
see who
the real heroes are, time to see who will make the sacrifice.
And for added fun, whenever the box shakes and the Reckoners try and
escape, the
characters who made the sacrifice feel the Reckoners tearing at their
very soul
(can you say wind loss and spirit checks anyone... I knew you could...).

Once the Heroes have the Reckoners contained, get to the unity ASAP,
cause if
they fail the spirit checks, the Reckoners could escape...

Comments?

--Dirk

Dirk: "Now Shane, what would the Reckoners have for spirit?"
Cryptic Shane: "A lot"

> Thanks for sharing opinions and ideas.
>
> Hank

--dirk