Re: [HOE] d20

At 08:50 PM 16/05/02, Ole wrote:

> > I´m in line with Dan and James. The d20 system takes away all the flavor
>of the
> > classic game. And I´m a bit upset, because I don´t understand why this
>change had > to be made.
> > Hey you d20 gamers out there! Give me a reason!!!
>
>As it has been stated many, many times before - this is NOT a change! Books
>will be dual statted, with both d20 and Classic stats - to my great joy, as
>I run classic in face to face and d20 online.

I can't be certain, but I think what Stephan was trying to say is that the
d20 version doesn't have the same flavour of the classic game, not that the
d20 system detracts from the classic game. I could be wrong however ;-)

>Nobody forces you to play d20. If you want to, you can ignore d20
>completely. Yes, I know that you must pay for two sets of stats, one that
>you won't use, but heck - it isn't a THAT big part of the book.

*shrug* It is still part of the book that not everyone wants, but not
everyone wants art in their books either so I think it is something
everyone can live with :-)

>Also.... It seems like I've seen this thread before!

What thread? Why d20? I haven't, but I'm only on this list ;-)

- michael

"It is unlucky to be stubborn in the face of insurmountable odds."

"Coming to an impasse, change; having changed, you can get through."
- Tao Te Ching