[HOE] Brainiac:Dualist

I just picked a copy of City o' Sin and have a question about the Dualist variety of the Brainiac mutation. I suspect that this has been brought up before but I couldn't find any reference to it in the archives. The mutation's text says:
"For all intents and purposes the mutant is two-fisted, and may perform a number of short tasks (see the Hell on Earth rulebook) per action without penalty equal to her current level in the mutation (at level 2 she can perform a total of 3 short actions without penalty)."

According to the HoE main rulebook a short action is basically everything that has a speed of 1 (firing most weapons, invoking most mircales, drawing weapons, making a test of wills and so on). Since brainiac gives a character 1 additional short task per level of the mutation, does this mean that a brainiac:dualist level 3 with 2 action cards can fire 8 shots with one gun (without double tap or autofire)? Or does the mutation only grant "parallell actions", i.e. you can fire one gun at some unfortunate, kick the guy standing next to you, ridicule his friend standing 10 yards away and making an overawe attack against the 4:th guy? I do hope for the last alternative (or that I have missed something vital), otherwise Brainiac:Dualist becomes either banned or a must have, imagine a doomsayer that casts 4 MIRVS per action, a machine gunner with a ROF 15 weapon and 4 actions and so on.

/Johnny