[HOE] (OT Kinda) Deadlands: J.O.E.?

For those with 80's Nostalgia, I read someone who put a ex-Crimson Guard Member into their party ("Mercer" was a G.I. Joe that was listed as such.)  It kinda made me wonder: "Could G.I. Joe be turned into Deadlands?"  I guess the plot would go something like this...

*If you aren't familiar with G.I. Joe in the 80's, just move along*
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

G. I. Joe won the battle between Cobra.  However, during the final hours of Cobra, a plan was hit upon.  Cowering in a deep bunker, Destro, Dr. Mindbender, and Zartan came up with an idea that would cause the Joe's to lose.  Using Destro's occult knowledge, Mindbender's technology and Zartan's chamelion ability, a portal was created and Zartan entered.  He appeared and went out to slowly end the lives of the Joe's.  The Reckoners (thought I forgot about them) bided their time and saw the promise of said events.  They endowed Zartan as a servitor.  As he grew mad with power, he found a way to imitate the President and caused WW3.  This allowed Cobra to slowly grow into a force and fortified their hidden base in Denver, c/o Tomax and Xamot.  At the end of the war, the Joe's were decimated and found solice in SLC.
    With his job done, Zartan was discarded by the Reckoners so that they could attack the Earth.  Zartan, and his Dreadknocks, were relegated to the East Coast, where it is believed that they are creating an army of Synthoids.

Need help for archtypes?
Dr. Mindbender:  Greenie syker (he thinks his powers are because of his tech.)
Zartan: Chamelion mutant (runs in the family)
Maj. Blood: Scrapper

Joes?
Spirit and Freedom:  Reformed Ravenite with an eagle companion
Quick Kick:  Enlightened (of course)
Sgt. Slaughter:  Vet Soldier with fightin' wrasslin'