RE: [HOE] Unity Question... [PEG/SHANE/WHAT THE HECK, EVERYONE!]

Whups! Bluddy university email. Forgto to change the 'to' addy.

>===== Original Message From Matt Crawford <matt@severian.chi.il.us> =====
>> Since, for normal bullets, there is no other force acting on them
>> they would continue moving in a perfect line towards whatever
>> target you fired them at without ever slowing down.
>
>That turns out not to quite be the case.  You've neglected gravity,
>magnetic fields (important for any conductive bullet, not just iron)
>and the expansion of the universe.

Heh, heh. That's what I get for only including things the PC's'd notice. : }

>> Of course, the above bit ignores the fact that space isn't really a
>> vaccuum, nor is it really 0-G, but it covers anything a PC firing a
>> gun in space at a target under a few kilometres/miles away will
>> ever come across.
>
>Barring any nearby neutron star or other strong magnetic field source.

At which point they'll probably be a bit more worried about the neutron star
or magnetic source. : }

Gotta remember magnetics and radiation when one of my PCs goes to use her
gunpod in this sort of environment (being a big electronic device).

Marshal Paddy

"As I look back, I see that it had been a mistake to send the letter. If you look far enough back, you will find that everything starts at some minor point. Something small becomes something very big. Something simple becomes complex. A brief moment of time becomes the focus of a tragedy. The letter was the minor point - something of no consequence that became the start of something of... importance." - Paul Thorgrimson, 'River of Blood, Path to Ruin,' October 2001