RE: [HOE] Ummmmmmm... WOW! (minor spoilerish stuff, maybe)

>Hmmm, now what would happen if they fired a burst of 3, 6, 9, or even 12
>shots. I'm assuming the effects are cumulative...

Yup, although each bullet technically would have its effect measured from the
new firing point created by the tumbling.

In terms of hitting a target, most automatics will have a high enough rate of
fire that you can get off several rounds before there is a significant change
in your aiming point (depending on the speed of the round, the rate of fire of
the weapon, and the distance to the target). Indeed, any weapon with a
three-round-burst setting will have little if any discernable change in the
impact points, as it is designed to fire off the rounds before the recoil
moves the barrel very far at all.

Marshal Paddy

"As I look back, I see that it had been a mistake to send the letter. If you look far enough back, you will find that everything starts at some minor point. Something small becomes something very big. Something simple becomes complex. A brief moment of time becomes the focus of a tragedy. The letter was the minor point - something of no consequence that became the start of something of... importance." - Paul Thorgrimson, 'River of Blood, Path to Ruin,' October 2001