RE: [HOE] arcane librarian ideas

My favorite Bibliopathy character (and Templar Saint) is Soloman Kane from
the stories by Robert E. Howard.  In my games, he was both a real person and
the subject of the fictional stories told by REH.

I think the stories are an excellent resource for Deadlands as they mostly
follow the battles of one man against the few abominations still hidden on
the earth prior to the Reckoning.  Kane is a Puritan who faces these
creatures with his pistols, unwavering swordsmanship, and dogged
determination.

Check it out.  I think you'll be pleased.

Another good resource is the work of Edgar Rice Burroughs.  John Carter,
Tarzan, etc. all make excellent Bibliopathy characters.

Of course, one of the most fun characters has got to be Mack Bolan.  But you
have to be able to say with a straight face...

"Big Thunder, my .50 caliber friend, sent its 360 grain messenger of death
spiraling in to the Black Hats skull.  The chip in his head accepted
delivery using his brain to sign for it against the back wall."

You just can't beat the classics.  :)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."