Re: [HOE] Unity Spoilers in Lost Colony

SPOILER SPACE

PLAYERS LEAVE OR GET AN OUT OF CHARACTER BEATING!!!
Ok, guys, I have to throw my two cents in here. I was with Crash (actually
it was my ex-Confed Marine Corps machinegunner Keller) during the Unity and
I agree that the coolest part of the adventure was the STONE incident.
   Basically what happened was we were racing toward the shuttle that would
take us to the Unity when we looked out the APC's viewport and saw an undead
horse. Everyone bailed out. A ragged voice stated "You Jamison Laine(this
would be the veteran of the Wierd/infiltrator cyborg/lawdog)? I've come for
you" Jamison whirls and Stone says "You've seen enough gunfights to know
what happens now." We did a timed duel straight out of Deadlands. And as
Stone went to draw, there was a boom/screaming roar and we saw "something"
crash into his head and blow out the back of his skull. "Never did care for
being his bitch. Y'all get a pass cuz I got work to do." As the YOUNG STONE
walks past us and says "Lets go Horse". There was a dark green blur flying
onto the shuttle, My marine going "OH GOODY! Stone gave us a pass! Lets GO
GO GO GO before he changes his mind." The rest of the posse followed suit
and away we went. I agree with Crash that the plot seemed a little forced
and rushed, but on the other hand, Shane and any other guilty parties, I can
see why (I think) you wrote it this way. If you allowed the PCs any choice
during the first two chapters, you would have to write it up as a campaign
and most posses would get themselves gatted doing something dumb like trying
to piss on Death's Nikes(TM).
   Just so you know, Jamison and Keller have basically sworn an oath to kill
Hellstromme to avenge their friend to the point where Jamison told Apostolos
that he would find a way to free the demon if the demon would help him kill
Hellstromme.
   And the Unity should have been a little more detailed. Also, Shane,
please please please if you write an adventure for Lost Colony let it NOT BE
ABOUT TEMPLARS!!!!
                               Peace, Shawn.