Re: [HOE] calling all junkers!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:19:54 -0400 Robert Holland <robert@macauley.com>
writes:
> > My house rule was on the subject of the engine. For walker vehicles
> *with Agility*, you only need to buy the engine under Locomotion if you

> want the full speed it provides. With legs and Agility but no engine,
the gadget
> moves like a character, that is, its Nimbleness yards per round. It
only seems
> fair that a gizmo with legs like a human and muscles like a human
should be able
> to move like a human. Bear in mind that a d12 Nimbleness moves you at
about
> 5 mph, while the smallest walker engine can do 10 mph and has the same
slot size
> as a single d12 in Agility.

I came up with the same thing when i was making junker rules for powered
armor.  As far as the slots/power ratio, you're getting screwed, but
since you really need to conserve space in a human-sized machine, it's
worth it.
That, and it's really annoying to track movement in combat when one
character is moving at vehicle rates, and everyone else is using Pace.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo

"Benjamin is no one's friend.  If Benjamin were a flavor of ice cream,
he'd be pralines and dick."
-Garth Algar