[HOE] Legs!!!

In my never-ending quest to make Junker tech, I have
come up with a couple more dillemas. The first, which
is presented here the other is for another time, is
having many, many legs. Looking at the Locomotion
power, I can think of a couple solutions but I want to
see what the list thinks. I want to give the vehicle
an almost centipede or millipede feel. I also want to
create a climbing device (separate from the centipede,
yet related). For the centipede:
1: There are no rules about adding legs, just going
down to two. one solution is to reverse this process
and say every additional pair is an extra 15%. But
that seems very expensive when compared to the other
suspensions additions to this conundrum.
2: For wanting so many legs I was thinking of using
tread rules and just saying they were individual legs
in the description. This works but I was thinking
there should still be another method, mainly because
blowing out a tread is disastrous, where one or two
legs among ten isn't as hindering.
3: Looking at the wheeled rules, there is a system for
adding wheels. I was thinking of just applying this
modifier to the basic leg cost. This seems to be the
best solution, but I was wondering if anyone might see
some inherent error I may be missing.

Junkin' it up,
Jim