Re: [HOE] Lost Colony (PEG)

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 11:03  AM, Dregg wrote:

> I agree, I refuse to buy it new, because I don't spend
> my Cash On D20. Don't Get me Wrong I love Deadlands,
> and I buy the Regular items like some sort of
> wierd/wasted west junkie. I have sold off and traded
> off all but my core D&D books for D20.
> So I will eventualy buy it, but not new (sorry
> Shane)In my herat I cannot support the Devi... er D20

1. I don't THINK any of the profit from LC or other d20 sales goes to
WotC or even the foundation that controls the OGL it's based on.

2. LC's less than half d20 material. The only parts that were annoying
to me were the weapon and ship description sections which seemed
repetitive.

So don't think it's that bad... Even if you don't consider yourself a
d20 fan. I'm not (at least for Deadlands) but LC is a lot of PEG
Goodness... It's nice to see them doing a 'new world' without the
sometimes problematic issues with covering either a historically based
setting or a post apocalyptic setting.