Re: [HOE] Change of Subject

>My group is about to go to Junkyard for the first time. Any adventure
>suggestions or good plot hooks to start in the Iron Oasis? I am holding
>off on Urban Renewal for a bit, so I am looking to do some home
>cookin'.

My personal favorite is sub-levels one and two.  There is endless potential for subterranean mayhem.  If you've read The Unity adventure, you'll remember some events that occur at Junkyard.  I would like to set up some sort of explanation for that in advance.   I especially want to make sure the posse is involved so when it comes into play later it is less of a deus ex machina.  Exploring beneath Junkyard and secret Hellstromme labs are a perfect way to do this.  The basic idea is to get your posse involved in the mystery of where all that energy went.  All the energy from the ghost rock bombs absorbed by the shield that is.

If you are looking for something faster and more low-key, I've often wondered how well my posse would fare as a skull chucker team.  Some time playing or watching blood sports could serve as a good introduction to the flavor of Junkyard.

Finally, remember the Junkyard amnesty zone.  Nobody can be prosecuted inside the circle for what happened outside the circle.  This leads to road gangs hanging just outside the line to ambush people before jumping back inside the line.  Posses seeking revenge could get into all kinds of trouble.  And, when it's all over, the footage from their life and death struggle is likely to be playing on the big screens in the market.

-Scott Pedersen