RE: [HOE] Insane Called Shots...

>They happen, particularly in my group...  The Insane Called Shot

It wasn't HOE, but we had a master marksman in one game.  He was the king of
the Insane Called Shot.

First example:  Providing sniper coverage during a break-in.  We all have
the duty to take out a guard silently.  One guy does an "all-out attack" and
MISSES.  Sniper:  "I shoot the guy in the head, but in such a manner that
his brains splatter across Mr. All-Out Attack... *and* he knows I did it on
purpose."  Bang.  Splat.  GM: "You know he did it on purpose."

My personal favorite:  We're attacked on the ground by armored, single-man
copters.  The marksman pulls out his .50 caliber pistol because, and I
quote, "Otherwise, it's not a challenge."  He proceeds to shoot the "jesus
nut" (the nut that holds the rotor to the shaft), sending the rotor flying
straight up in the air... and the rest of the copter straight down.

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."