Re: [HOE] Questions

Quoting oss1ncrp@northcoast.com:

*_* Probably dumb, but I'll ask for clarification.

No such thing as a dumb question. I'll give ye what little advice I have.

*_* 2) Can a Rad priest use their powers/miracles in the hunting grounds.
*_* Basically, is the glow there as well since the hunting grounds is a mirror
*_* of our world.

I don't have the shamans book, which probably dealt more with the hunting grounds, but I do have the
Children of the Atom book, and I don't remember it mentioning any specific problems. Personally,
I'd say that they can use their powers as normal (off their own internal power), but they cannot
reduce Strain, since there isn't anything to draw from. Alternately, maybe they can still reduce
Strain, but half as fast, there's still a link to the Glow, but a narrower one.

*_* 3)  Anyone know in what book - we think it was in a deadlands weird west
*_* book - there was the allusion to a fifth horseman?  One of my guys
*_* remembers reading something about it but can't remember where.  Wherever
*_* it was, it was a VERY brief mention.

Didn't one of the basic books mention the devil as a sort of fifth horseman or something? Or maybe
that was in Lost Colony or something.

*_* 4)  The miracle SIGIL.  I know it allows a rad priest to write stuff - is
*_* its use also required to read the stuff that has been written?  Basically,
*_* do I have to invoke the miracle (strain cost) to read something that
*_* another one has written.

I allowed it to be read by any Doomsayer, but not seeable by anyone else. Some mystic link to the
Glow allowing any Doomsayer to read it. Otherwise it's pretty useless unless you make sure most or
all Doomsayers have it.

*_* a)  As a sub-question to that.  How does a rad-priest know to 'look'.  Do
*_* they sense the sigil's energy or some such.  The way I read it, the sigil
*_* would be written somewhere really obvious for others to find, but then can
*_* anyone read it.  And if not, how does a priest know to try.

I'd just make it some sort of innate sense to Doomsayers that they can sense it and read it, but
non-Doomsayers can't.

Marshall Paddy
"As I look back, I see that it had been a mistake to send the letter. If you look far enough back,
you will find that everything starts at some minor point. Something small becomes something very
big. Something simple becomes complex. A brief moment of time becomes the focus of a tragedy. The
letter was the minor point - something of no consequence that became the start of something of...
importance." - Paul Thorgrimson, 'River of Blood, Path to Ruin,' October 2001