Re: [pbmserv-dev] MIME encoding?

Hi Richard,

> hmm, why not letting the players chose whether they want the old or
> the new style?
>
> Me, using emacs' VM as mail reader, have switched of html-decoding,
> because of those nasty links that will let the bad spamers know that
> their mail has been received and read.

Exactly.  But as long as I can choose which version I want I don't mind.
But I mean by that I'd like to be able to choose *not* to receive html stuff
at all; I'd like to save that bandwidth -- and a lot of users with dial-up
ISPs will think the same. Don't forget that in many countries local calls
are not free of charge.

BTW, I think the approach targets the wrong side: The nice thing to
have would be an email client filtering out the pbmserver messages and
sending them to special frontends (that's easy up to here). These
special frontends might allow you to have a look at the board, try out
lines and send a reply move. The boards are in some cases not very difficult to
parse; but for such frontends they could be sent in a different form
additionally to make it easier. For chess-like games, forsythe notation
could be used. It would be only one additional line in this case.

Cheers

Edi