Re: [pbmserv-dev] drp's soccolot idea

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Benjamin Good wrote:

> i like this idea a lot.  i don't know how well it work, but i'd be
> interested in trying it, if somebody programmed it.  i like soccolot, but
> i've already found it to be a game that could probably be improved.  many
> games drag on endlessly because the ball gets surrounded on all 8 sides (or
> 5 at the edge of the field) by men.

 Ben and drp and others,  I was the original programmer of soccolot and I
intend to one day make a lot of changes/additions to soccolot.  Yet I
wonder if what you suggest would be an improvement.  There are so many
times when multiple kicks appear that would allow a goal that it would
be almost impossible to guard against.  I would understand if there were
only three players on the field and a smaller goal area, but as it stands
I believe that once a player gets control of the ball, it would be just too
easy to set up a situation where multiple kicks would guarantee a goal.
It just would not even be a challenge.

--
 Douglas Zander