Re: [pbmserv-dev] potential new game, Hive

The inventor sent along the "standard" notation which
has an interesting twist.  I won't go into details,
but to put it briefly it uses the fact that every
piece is different (taking into account there are two
of some pieces and three of others, one distinguishes
the pieces by the order in which they're placed).
Then instead of a grid such as Trax, you specify moves
by giving the relationship to an existing piece (this
is always possible since by the rules the pieces may
never form more than one connected component).

For printing the board I was thinking of hexagons the
size used in Tamsk (the problem with using the same
size as Zertz is that the standard notation represents
general pieces by two characters instead of one).

Cheers,

Lyman