Re: [pbmserv-dev] Those wacky provisionals

-> I just noticed that jon.dann has a provisional Quoridor rating of 2119
-> after playing one game.  Since the highest established rating is 1790, and
-> the second highest provisional is 1824, I am wondering how this
-> occurred.  I thought a provisional couldn't be more than 200 above the
-> player he beat.  This suggests that the rating system can be cleverly abused.

How can it cleverly be abused ?
If a provisional player has a very high rating but has only played a singled game
and he then plays and lose a game against a established player, then the
established player doesn't got more than a few points.

/Martin