Re: [pbmserv-dev] Those wacky provisionals

-> The point was that it's a bug that should be fixed.
->
-> Marc
->

I don't see the bug. please explain.

/Martin

->
->
-> Martin Moller Pedersen wrote:
->
-> >[Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
-> >-> I just noticed that jon.dann has a provisional Quoridor rating of 2119
-> >-> after playing one game.  Since the highest established rating is 1790, and
-> >-> the second highest provisional is 1824, I am wondering how this
-> >-> occurred.  I thought a provisional couldn't be more than 200 above the
-> >-> player he beat.  This suggests that the rating system can be cleverly abused.
-> >
-> >How can it cleverly be abused ?
-> >If a provisional player has a very high rating but has only played a singled game
-> >and he then plays and lose a game against a established player, then the
-> >established player doesn't got more than a few points.
-> >
-> >/Martin
-> >
-> >
-> >To unsubscribe, send a message to esquire@gamerz.net with
-> >as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is ignored.
-> >
-> >
-> >
->