Re: [pbmserv-dev] gamerz.php

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, John Williams wrote:

> I think I would like to help port some of the wamelen games to work on
> gamerz.net.
>
> Could someone give me a few pointers as to what needs to be done to get
> them working?

Currently you will need an account on Richard's machine. Looks like you
do, so you are all set there. Now look at the .php files in the
  /home/PBM/pbmserv/public_html/
directory (and game specific subdirectories). You will need to know some
php. Fortunately it is a very easy language to learn with very good
online documentation:
  www.php.net
Now look at the code at
  http://www.math.lsu.edu/~wamelen/gamerz/files.php
and start making the translation...

To set up a "test server" just copy the php files to your own public_html
directory and start debugging!

When you get something working let me know and we can figure out a sane
way to integrate the make process...

Paul