Hearts programming (was: Broadcast from andidi...)

> > they don't have to send a bunch of undo
> > messages each time someone makes a "mistake"....
>
> Well, rules are rules. I don't think necessary these options.
> Checking the cards in each hand is very easy, I think.

Sure, checking the cards is easy, and sending an undo message isn't
"difficult", it's just time wasted when (a bit of ??) programming could
automatically reject incorrect moves.  It particularly slows things down
since first someone has to email an undo request, and then someone else has
to "evaluate" the request and approve it.

And by the way, if it's so easy, why didn't anyone in the game in question
do it?  Now if you want to go back and undo the wrong move, you also have to
undo all the moves that have come after it.  That means 6 moves, or 12
messages, just to go back and correct one mistake.

That also points out another reason to update the Hearts server.  What if
all the players don't know the rules very well?

Anyway, I think you see my point....

-Grey (gadrane)

P.S. If anyone wants to include me in a Hearts foursome, feel free!