Backgammon tournament finished!!!

On Jan 18, 1998 I started a Backgammon tournament in which the players
were playing until one of them reached 10 points, so finally the
doubling cube would get a meaning. Back then, 64 players joined.
And now, 3 and a half years later, on Aug 14, 2001, the last dice
are rolled, the final board is played, the final match has ended!

My thanks go to everyone who has played in it and made it a huge
success (in my honest and humble opinion ;-)

Especially those who came a long way in the tournament, a big hand
to all of you for having the patience to keep on playing and waiting
(sometimes for months!) for the next round to start.

But of course by now you all are pretty anxious to know who had the
best strategy, the best insights, the best timing in use of the
doubling cube and I'm sure he also had a tiny little bit of luck....

Csg put up a tough fight but in the end she had to bow for the king
of pbm-backgammon... and actually he had a foresight when he picked
his id for the server because it is:

           K I N G

who is the winner of the backgammon tournament! All hail to the king!

Ronald

PS Don't ask me when I'm going to start a new tournament because I'm
not going to.... It was a lot of work and I absolutely made a mistake
when I started it, but I saw it through. Thank God it was great fun,
I myself made it to the semi's, but I am never ever EVER going to
organise something that will take this much time again!