Abount Onyx

From: "Back, Larry" <LBack@CIBER.com>

Hello,
        Now that I find myself getting announcements for the first time I
would like to make an announcement of my own.  I would like to announce,
somewhat belatedly, a game I invented that can now be played on Richard's
PBeM Server called Onyx.  Onyx debuted in the Winter 2000 issue of Abstract
Games magazine.  To read the story of its invention along with a full
description of the rules you can visit
www.abstractgamesmagazine.com/onyx.html.  Onyx is a connection game that
differs from other connection games because of its unique capturing rule.
Despite having a capturing rule Onyx has all the properties of any good
connection game in that the rules are simple, the strategy is complex,
positions do not repeat, the game must end and someone must win.  Yet the
capturing rule adds an extra element to the tactics that you will not find
in other connection games.  According to Kerry Handscomb, editor and
publisher of Abstract Games magazine, Onyx is probably his favourite new
game of the past two years.  So, if you enjoy connection games, I invite you
to give it a try.  I will accept all challenges.
        I would like to give special thanks to Douglas Zander for writing
the Onyx program for this server and to Kerry Handscomb for publishing the
rules so that more than a handful of people would know about it.

        Larry Back

        userid: lback