For Amazons Players - Upcoming Tournament

Hi everybody,
  Michael Buro, the well known author of the Othello program Logistello
and the Amazons program Amsbot, is organizing an Amazons tournament on
his GGS server in January. You can find more information below.

Regards,

Theodore (userid: theo).

                  Call for Participation

We invite Amazons players to take part in "The First GGS Random
Amazons Tournament" to be held on the Generic Game Server (GGS). This
tournament is open for all: humans, machines, cyborgs, clusters, mixed
teams, aliens, etc.

Format:  10x10 Amazons
         No Start Money - No Prices, Perhaps Fame ;-)
         Thinking Time: 12 Minutes/Player/Game
         Random Starting Positions
         Komi Bidding
         Tie-breaker: Total Move Differential
         9 Rounds Round Robin or Swiss System

Date:    January 12th, 2002 (Saturday)

Time:    First part: 10:00 - 12:00 EST
         Break       12:00 - 13:00 EST
         Second part 13:00 - 15:30 EST

         Players need to show up 10 minutes early so that I have
         enough time for registering and preparing the pairings.

         The starting time will be moved to 8:00 EST
         if players from East-Asia participate.

Players new to GGS should make themselves familiar with the system and
the applet (GGSA) way ahead of time. Feel free to contact me in case
of technical problems. My GGS user-id is "mic". The links below
provide useful information.

GGS:
  telnet://ftp.nj.nec.com:5000

GGS how-to: