Broadcast from gadrane via PBM Server

On 27/2/02 12:06 bengal wrote:

> Could somebody check a scrabble dictionary to see if the word "da" exists?

I checked the Online Scrabble Players' Dictionaries (2nd and 3rd editions)
and no "da", but the SOWPODS has it.  I think the scramble server uses one
of the OSPDs, which is apparently the more North American Scrabble
dictionary, whereas the SOWPODS is more international and has been used in
the Scrabble World Championships since 1991.  For those of you who don't
know, the SOWPODS is a convergence of the Official Scrabble Words (OSW),
which is used exclusively in the UK, and the OSPD, and the name is an
anagram of the two acronyms.

Maybe we should see about using the SOWPODS for scramble....

FWIW

Grey
--
What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow