Way Off Topic... any Former Jeopardy! Contestants?

'Twas 00:01 -0500 on Wednesday 3/13/2002 when
pbmserv-users-owner@gamerz.net wrote:
>From: rrognlie@gamerz.net
>Subject: Way Off Topic... any Former Jeopardy! Contestants?
>
>I'm just curious... do we have any former Jeopardy! contestants
>on pbmserv (aside from eddiet)?
>
>Please contact me with hints/tips/etc.  I have an audition Sunday.

I've never been on the show, but I've auditioned 11 times.  I made it to
the mock game five times.  I haven't tried out since 1995, but I doubt the
procedure has changes much.

The first part is the written test.  It's 50 questions each in a different
category.  Don't leave anything blank, you're not penalized for wrong
answers.  I passed the written test the first time I went, so I've never
felt much need to prepare for that.  If you do think that cramming for the
test would help, read lists of states and capitals, countries and capitals,
US Presidents and years and birthplaces and first ladies, and other tabular
data.

If you make it to the mock game, the most important thing is RING THE
BELL.  They're looking for entertainment value and not keeping
score.  Don't give joke questions (answers), don't ring in with nothing to
say, but don't worry about them deducting for wrong questions
(answers).  Ringing in and giving a plausible but wrong question (answer)
is good.  Also, if you're going for the bell, and someone else rings in
first, hit it anyway.

And good luck.
--
RB |\  Randall Bart