RE: Dvonn ?

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, David Glaude wrote:

> Assuming one move per day, it could last for ever (=month) compare to Zertz
> (a few non forced move).

Every game is not Zertz.  Nor do I see that as desirable... the opening
phase is only 49 moves - that is not very many.  Compare with a typical
game of Go or Abalone or Chess or many other games... and the second phase
is a maximum of 48 moves...

> That was the thing I wanted to improve by having an auto-random-play for the
> middle of phase one.

I don't think a random-play for the phase one is desirable.  At least for
me, it seems to matter what one does in phase one, and I and the people I
play with are not entirely agreeing on what is good, so we play in
different ways during phase I.

I think reducing phase I to pure randomness would remove quite a bit of
the game.

/unic

-------------------------|  \ _,           "Search for the unicorn in
   Ola Mikael Hansson    |   /*.\___        your heart, believe - and you
-------------------------|   ` ( __ )\      shall find true beauty!"
  unic@df.lth.se         |     (l  (l '