Re: Broadcast from bengal via PBM Server

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, pbmserv wrote:

> Sharkey, for the benefit of the entire PBeM community, could you
> clarify this new 180 day maximum limit; specifically, which games does
> it affect?

It only affects _tournament_ chess (and chess variant) games.

180 days is the default total time limit for each player in tournment
chess games.  Most games have no default.  When their total accumulated
time reaches this amount, they automatically forfeit. It only recently
started being enforced, and if there is a time limit in effect, it will
now be displayed under the board:

 Time used by players:  (Total Time Allowed per player is 180 days)
 extreme (White):  16 days, 20:57:48
 asdf    (Black):   0 days, 08:05:25
 Total          :  30 days, 23:32:49

You can now set the total time limit for any game during the challenge
command using the --totaltime option.  For example:

     chess challenge me you --totaltime=365

will limit each player to one year of accumulated time.

~ John Williams