Re: what's gg?

> what's gg?

I challenged myself to find out a couple weeks ago. It's a game called
GrandGammon, which seems to be backgammon starting with all the pieces off
the board, but where you can't move out of the first quadrant until all your
pieces are on-boarded, and so the computer makes all the forced moves for
you at the start of the game.

It was NOT what I thought it might be, namely, a version of backgammon on a
larger board, such as a board with 28 pips or 32 pips, and in which each of
the simulated dice would go from 1-7 or from 1-8. Would such a variant be
worth implementing?

markthomps